- Integrated power electronics to support LED drive and control in a single chip
- Includes an LED daughter board which uses a 10W 4-channel RGBA LED to serve as a load to the main board
- PSoC core enables tunable white light with CRI and CCT control as well as color mixing
- Internal FETs, current sense amplifiers and hysteretic controllers
- Kit Contents:
- CY3267 main board
- CY3267 LED daughter board
- 12V/2A wall-wart power supply
- Optical diffuser for LEDs
- Retractable USB cable
- Quick Start guide
- Kit CD-ROMs
PowerPSoC is the first device to combine the power of an embedded controller with integrated high-power peripheral functionality. This includes four internal 32V, 1A rated low-side n-channel MOSFETs, four 32V, 6 MHz rated current sense amplifiers with adjustable gain settings, four 2 MHz hysteretic controllers that can be configured as either buck, boost, or buck-boost, and a 32V input voltage regulator. Due to the flexibility of working with the already integrated power of PSoC, PowerPS oC offers additional functionality including Cypresss CapSenseTM, and additional digital (PWMs, timers, counters), analog (ADCs, PGAs), and communication (DMX512, DALI, SP I, RS -232) options. The ability to reconfigure power with this level of integration can simplify hardware design, lower testing time, and decrease bill-of-materials costs.
Solid state (LED) lighting applications are a perfect fit for the PowerPSoC family. The onboard power peripherals integrate much
of a standard dimming circuit for an LED system. Cypresss PrISM modulation technique can reduce radiated EMI from the system,
reducing visible flicker, and can utilize up to 16 bits of dimming from 100% to 0%.