The imp001 is a complete wireless network node in a card form factor. It works in conjunction with the imp service to allow easy connection of any device to the internet.
One of the big advantages of having WiFi inside a user-removable card is all the wireless regulatory approvals happen at the card level. This relieves the need for wireless regulator certification at the product level.
• +16.75dBm max output power (802.11b)
• Virtual machine for vendor firmware
• Embedded bi-color red/greenLED for status indication
• Embedded phototransistor for our patent-pending BlinkUp optical configuration technology
• 6 user selectable I/Os
• GPIO, PWM, Analog input & output
• SPI (2 channels), UART (3 channels), I2C (2 channels)
• Low power 6uA sleep mode
• FCC, CE, IC C-Tick certified