The RN-41-EK is an evaluation kit for the RN41 module. The board has the flexibility to connect directly to a PC via a standard USB interface or to embedded processors through the TTL UART interface. The status LEDs, switches, and signal headers enable rapid prototyping and integration into existing systems.
The module supports the SPP/DUN and HCI Bluetooth interface protocols, is simple to design in, and fully certified. With a high performance on-chip antenna and support for Bluetooth Enhanced Data Rate (EDR), the RN41 delivers up to 3 Mbps data rates for distances to 100 M.
The module is programmed and controlled from a console with a simple ASCII command language. Once the configuration is set up, the module can automatically scan to find an access point, associate, authenticate, and connect over Bluetooth. Additionally, the module can automatically wake up, send data to a remote host, and go back to a low-power sleep state. The RN41 module is the perfect method for adding Bluetooth wireless capability to existing products without redesign, saving significant time and money.
- Evaluation board with USB interface
- Fully certified Bluetooth 2.1+EDR/2.1/2.0/1.2/1.1 module
- Low power (8 - 30 mA connected, 2 mA idle)
- Sustained SPP data rates - 240 Kbps (slave), 300 Kbps (master)
- HCI data rates: 1.5 Mbps sustained, 3.0 Mbps burst in HCI mode
- Supports various modes including HCI and SPP/DUN
- Embedded Bluetooth stack profiles included (requires no host stack): GAP, SDP, RFCOMM and L2CAP, with SPP, DUN and HID profiles
- Bluetooth SIG qualified, end product listing
- Certifications: FCC, IC, CE
- Environmentally friendly, RoHS compliant
- Cable replacement
- Barcode scanners
- Measurement and monitoring systems
- Industrial sensors and controls
- Medical devices
- Asset tracking