|IC||Xilinx Spartan-3E FPGA, 500K gates|
Hirose FX2, Four 12-pin Pmod connectors,
VGA, PS/2, and serial ports|
|Programming||Digilent USB2 port providing board power, programming, and data transfers|
- Xilinx Spartan-3E FPGA, 500K or 1200K gate
- USB2 port providing board power, device configuration, and high-speed data transfers
- Works with ISE/Webpack and EDK
- 16MB fast Micron PSDRAM
- 16MB Intel StrataFlash Flash R
- Xilinx Platform Flash ROM
- High-efficiency switching power supplies (good for battery-powered applications
- 50MHz oscillator, plus a socket for a second oscillator
- 75 FPGA I/Os routed to expansion connectors (one high-speed Hirose FX2 connector with 43 signals and four 2x6 Pmod connectors)
- All I/O signals are ESD and short-circuit protected, ensuring a long operating life in any environment.
- On-board I/O includes eight LEDs, four-digit seven-segment display, four pushbuttons, eight slide switches
- Ships in a DVD case with a high-speed USB2 cable
The Nexys-2 is a powerful digital system design platform built around a Xilinx Spartan 3E FPGA. With 16Mbytes of fast SDRAM and 16Mbytes of Flash ROM, the Nexys-2 is ideally suited to embedded processors like Xilinx's 32-bit RISC Microblaze. The on-board high-speed USB2 port, together with a collection of I/O devices, data ports, and expansion connectors, allow a wide range of designs to be completed without the need for any additional components.
Now everyone can own a powerful, state-of-the-art development system for less than the cost of a textbook!
Note: In order to program and communicate with the Nexys2 board, you must download and install the free Digilent Adept Suite