The low-power XBee ZB and extended-range XBee-PRO ZB use the ZigBee PRO Feature Set for advanced mesh networking. The XBee ZB platform features:
- Low-cost, low-power mesh networking
- Interoperability with ZigBee PRO Feature Set devices from other vendors*
- Support for larger, more dense mesh networks
- 128-bit AES encryption
- Frequency agility
- Over-the-air firmware updates (change firmware remotely)
By deploying this and any XBee device, OEMs are leveraging the value of the XBee product family and Digi’s unsurpassed Drop-in Networking offering of gateways, adapters and routers. In addition, XBee users can take advantage of platform agility—the ability to rapidly change their XBee solution with minimal development.
XBee & XBee-PRO ZB hardware note: The XBee & XBee-PRO ZB share hardware with XBee & XBee-PRO ZNet 2.5. As a result, modules can be “converted” from one platform to another by loading different firmware onto a given module. Contact Digi Support for details.
- part: XB24-BCIT-004
- ISM 2.4 GHz operating frequency
- RPSMA connector, U.FL connector, Chip antenna, or Wired Whip antenna
- Industrial temperature rating (-40° C to 85° C)
- Approved for use in the United States, Canada, Australia and Europe
- Advanced mesh networking and low-power modes supported
*Interoperability requires the ZigBee Feature Set or ZigBee PRO Feature Set to be deployed on all devices. Contact Digi Support for details.
Note: This is the 2mW low power module that has ZigBee PRO Feature Set. It is not the PRO high power module.DatasheetProduct Manual